Up to Date COVID-19 Information for the Commercial Real Estate Industry
BOMA International's Latest Guidance Documents:
Q2 2021 BOMA COVID-19 Impact Study Executive Summary - The latest analysis from BOMA International illustrates two undeniable truths:
1. The workplace has forever been changed by COVID-19
2. The way forward for the CRE industry hinges upon a swift response to this paradigm shift
Building Engines recently published two resources to help property teams plan for what's to come:
- Guide: 7 Keys to a Successful Post-COVID Workplace: Discover the areas to focus soon and make re-opening a breeze.
-The Impact of COVID-19 On Operating Expenses Pass-Throughs in CRE guidance document from InspiRE CRE Services and BOMA International.
-Improving Occupant Safety Inside Buildings new guidance document from BOMA International.
- COVID-19 Vaccines: What Employers Need to Know presentation & FAQs by Eckert Seamans.
- What the New Stimulus Bill Means for CRE reference resource from BOMA International.
- Priority of Vaccine Distribution additional reference resource from BOMA International. *Reminder commercial property staff has been deemed as essential personnel.*
Updated as of 3.9.2021, CLICK HERE to view the most up to date edition.
- BOMA International COVID-19 CRE Impact Study: The findings provide a clear picture as to the pandemic’s broader transformational effects on the office sector and what measures owners and operators can leverage to mitigate downstream risk.
- Recorded webinar to be posted. BOMA International's President Henry Chamberlin delivered a State of the Industry address at the 2020 Virtual Conference which makes the case for the office which you will want to hear.
- You can watch the full video (23 min) or the highlight video (5 min).
Pittsburgh Downtown partnership's (PDP) Health & Safety Communication Resources
Reopening PSA Video.Please feel free to share this with your team or tenants to help promote a safe reopening.
Health & Safety Communication Resources for COVID-19 - The PDP developed safety signage and messaging for dissemination city-wide to help normalize and educate the community in a friendly, approachable way as gradually return to work and even some fun! These resources are also FREE to download.
NEW REOPENING RESOURCES
BOMA International Updated Pandemic Guide
Water Stagnation in Buildings with Reduced or No Water Use - A Framework for Building Managers
Maintaining Indoor Air Quality Webinar
Liability & Insurance Webinar
JUNE 8TH-Green Phase, PA 30 Day Fund, PPP Flexibility Act, & HVAC Action Plan for Reopening.
MAY 29TH- BOMA Liability Protections Advocacy, Future of the Workplace Report, Workplace Reentry Essentials Checklist, Maintaining and Restoring Water Quality and Executive Order update on Foreclosures & Evictions.
MAY 27TH- TSA Coronavirus Airport Screening, How to Cope with COVID19, Industrial Re-Set, State of PA Business Waivers, IRS FAQs on Employee Retention.
MAY 22ND- Reopening guidance from American Industrial Hygiene Association, ASHRAE and NFPA. Industrial guidance from BOMA International and PPP Loan Forgiveness Application.
MAY 15TH- State of PA FAQs, Back to the Workplace Guides & the NFPA's Reopening Checklist.
MAY 12TH- Phase Yellow Details, City Paper article on Phase Yellow, Building Access Webinar & Guide for Commercial Property Owners and Tenants to Avoid Legal Disputes.
MAY 8TH- State of PA's Safety Procedure for Businesses Notice, Webinars and a white paper on Operational Savings During COVID-19.
MAY 6TH-New Guidance from Governor Wolf, CDC Cleaning Guidelines, Cushman & Wakefield Commercial Real Estate Resources & Local Updates.
ALLEGHENY CONFERENCE RESPONSE + RECOVER PANEL DISCUSSION featuring BOMA Pittsburgh - Watch It Here.
You can also watch us on the Allegheny Conference's Our Region's Business.
30 Days of Social Distancing resources
DAY 1: CARES ACT- BOMA BREAKDOWN
DAY 2: COVID-19 FINANCIAL RESOURCES
DAY 3: BOMA IS ADVOCATING FOR YOU!
DAY: 4: WEEKENDS & SOCIAL DISTANCING
DAY 6: DIY NO-SEW MASK TUTORIAL
DAY 9: STATE OF PITTSBURGH ECONOMY
DAY 10: GREATER PGH COMMUNITY FOOD BANK
DAY 12: HAPPY PASSOVER & EASTER
DAY 15: BOMA's EER SURVEY
DAY 16: CYBER SECURITY & SCAMS
DAY 19: EARTH DAY TURNS 50!
DAY 20: PPP ALTERNATIVES
DAY 23: BOMA PITTSBURGH ASKS & ADVOCATES
DAYS 24 - 26: RE-OCCUPANCY & RE-OPENING
DAY 27: RE-OCCUPANCY & RE-OPENING (BUILDING RE-ENTRANCE GUIDANCE, FREE WEBINAR & CONSTRUCTION ORDER)
DAY 28: RE-OCCUPANCY & RE-OPENING (Re-opening resources from CBRE & Cushman & Wakefield + Additional State of PA May 1st Openings)
GOVERNOR WOLF ISSUES A STAY AT HOME ORDER
GOVERNOR WOLF ORDERS ALL NON-LIFE-SUSTAINING BUSINESS TO CLOSE
- Enforcement began March 23rd at 8:00 AM
- CLICK HERE for a copy of the order
- CLICK HERE for a list of busineses deemed essesntiual or non-essential by the Governor's Office
- Email State Resource Account if you're note sure if your business should close: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Apply for exemption if you feel your business is life sustaining and wasn't included on the list: email@example.com
- CLICK HERE for more info on enforcement and other details
CDC Commercial Space Cleaning Guidelines
- It is recommended to close off areas used by the ill persons and wait as long as practical before beginning cleaning and disinfection to minimize potential for exposure to respiratory droplets. Open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation in the area. If possible, wait up to 24 hours before beginning cleaning and disinfection.
- CLICK HERE for full CDC Guidelines
- CLICK HERE for CDC FAQs
Emergency Loan Programs
- The US Small Business Administration (SBA) is issuing Economic Injury Distaster Loans to small business owners who've experienced significant financial loss due to Caronavirus. All US States and Territories (including PA) are eligable. For more information CLICK HERE, or to apply CLICK HERE.
- The Urban Development Authority (URA) is issuing a small number of small business loans. CLICK HERE for more information.
- BOMA Georgia's Working Remotely Webinars - Free for Members. CLICK HERE to learn more and register.
- Recorded Webinar from BOMA Georgia on 3/12/2020 - CLICK HERE to watch.
- Recorded Webinar from BOMA Seattle on 3/17/2020 - CLICK HERE to watch.
Sign Up for Live Updates
- Click Here to sign up for Allegheny County Alerts
- Click Here to sign up for Beaver County Alerts
- Click Here to sign up for Butler County Alerts
- Click Here to sign up for Washington County Alerts
- Click Here to sign up for Westmoreland County Alerts
Additional Helpful Links
- Blood Donations are Needed and Safe. More info from the American Red Cross.
- Avoid Coronavirus Scams! Secret Service Scam Info Here.
- Business + Building Owner Pandemic Planning guides from BOMA, CDC, and FEMA.
- Community Mitigation Strategy from the City of Pittsburgh Infrastructure Manager. CLICK HERE to read.
- Allegheny County Coronavirus Updates
- BOMA International Preparedness Checklist
- BOMA International COVID-19 Resource Page
Articles on adjusting to a quarAntine lifestyle
- Time - "How to Stay Productive and Mentally Healthy"
- The Atlantic - "How Parents Can Keep Kids Busy (and Learning) in Quarantine"
- Parents.com - "How to Master Working From Home- While Under Quarantine with Kids"
- USA Today - "100 things to do while stuck inside due to a pandemic"
- New York Times - "What to Watch, Listen to and Cook During Your Coronavirus Self-Quarantine"
- Kurzgesagt - The Coronavirus Explained video