Pittsburgh Area Career Opportunities
Elteq Management Company, Inc.- Property Manager
- Elteq Management, Pittsburgh, PA
- Date posted: 9/11/2020
- Submit confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the oversight of a 300,000-square-foot office building, 2,100-space parking garage and surrounding grounds; the management of security, maintenance, engineering, electrical and janitorial staff; the interface with third-party vendors; and, the coordination of tenant relations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer required building and life safety systems testing and maintenance in compliance with local, state and federal codes, regulations and directives.
- Routinely conduct building inspections and follow-up with appropriate staff or vendors.
- Collaborate with building engineer and electrician to ensure efficient and consistent building operations.
- Procure maintenance and repair materials and services for office building, grounds and parking garage.
- Interface with third-party vendors and contractors, ensuring total contract compliance, and accurate and timely reporting.
- Solicit competitive bids and negotiate construction contracts, as required.
- Prepare approval forms for purchase order requests.
- Update and maintain All-Hazards Plan, Security Manual and other building-related materials as needed.
- Manage the security staff, preparing the weekly schedules; coordinate training and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Coordinate tenant functions, including moving, deliveries and service requests.
- Serve as a liaison between tenants and management staff, improving relations by dispatching and closing maintenance calls in a timely manner.
- Facilitate contractor access to tenant occupied and common area space.
- Maintain tenant and vendor files, including executed contracts and certificates of insurance.
- Conduct proper tenant relations through consistent communications, both face-to-face and electronic, maintaining a high standard for delivery of all facets of building operations and services.
- Co-chair the building safety committee and distribute required safety materials to floor proctors as needed.
- Work with marketing and leasing team to update and maintain all marketing materials, ensuring brand consistency, correct availabilities and promotions.
- Monitor and contribute to social media marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Track competitive set and conduct research on current market trends and transactions, adjusting the marketing approach for the Property as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Service-oriented focus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience motivating and directing a team
- Superior time-management abilities
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Real estate property management or related experience, preferred
- Solid knowledge of building operations
- Proven experience negotiating contract language
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position works primarily in a professional office setting utilizing computers, copiers, telephones, 2-way radios, filing cabinets, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the Property Manager will, from time to time, need to climb stairs, walk extensively throughout the Property, and travel outdoors in varying weather conditions. While the primary role and responsibilities are outlined in this job description, functions are subject to change and additional duties or activities may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Elteq Management Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Winthrop Management- Engineering Manager
- Winthrop Management, Pittsburgh, PA
- Date posted: 8/3/2020
- Submit confidential resume HERE
Engineering Manager -
Winthrop has an immediate opening for the engineering manager position at US Steel Tower in downtown Pittsburgh. This position oversees all maintenance, repairs and capital projects of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and utility services, . Minimum 10 yrs experience in commercial high rise building operations required. Labor relations experience required. Competitive salary and benefits package. EOE.
Full Job Description including Company Background, Job Summary, Essential and Qualifications and Education requirements can be found here on Indeed.
Brookfield Properties- Assistant Property Manager
- Brookfield Properties
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Date posted: 5/27/2020
- To apply CLICK HERE
Assistant Property Manager - BROOKFIELD PROPERTIES
Brookfield Properties is a leading owner, operator and developer of office and multifamily assets. Our signature office properties define the skyline of dynamic cities around the world, including gateway cities such as New York, London, Berlin, Toronto, and Sydney. Our multifamily business owns, develops, renovates and manages approximately 40,000 high quality rental apartment buildings in supply constrained markets of major cities such as New York and London, as well as high growth markets in the suburban U.S.
- Coordinate Tenant functions and meet regularly with tenant contacts.
- Maintain the flow of information to tenants, vendors and among property management staff and other Brookfield departments. Telephone calls and correspondence to tenants, vendors, newsletters etc.
- Diligently collect tenant aged receivable balances in accordance with policies.
- Act as a tenant liaison between tenant and mgmt/engineering staff by dispatching and closing property maintenance calls via Corrigo in a timely manner as designated through Quarterly Reports.
- Properly maintain Certificates of Insurance for tenants and vendors.
- Maintain and update Tenant building guides and other building related materials.
- Conduct regular building inspections and follow up with any necessary actions.
- With the guidance of General Manager, assist in preparing annual budgets, evaluating monthly financial results, service contract development, tenant billings and general correspondence.
- Work with building engineering staff for efficient and productive building operations.
- Properly maintain Tenant and Vendor files.
- Creation and compilation of the Monthly Reports (and other reports, as needed).
- Handle other tasks/duties as assigned and needed.
- Maintain proper tenant relations by periodic visits and telephone contacts to ensure a high standard is maintained regarding all facets of building operations and services.
- Coordinate all tenant requests, including moving, deliveries and any special requests.
- Update capital improvements and non-recurring projects’ schedule.
- Prepare approval forms for purchase order requests.
- Maintain, implement, and perpetuate the policies and procedures of Brookfield Properties.
- Coordinate construction contractors with their access into the tenant occupied spaces.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
With the guidance of Marketing Manager and General Manager, assist in:
- Updating marketing materials that reflect and promote Brookfield’s brand, ensuring clear, consistent messages.
- Work with leasing teams to assist in developing a marketing plan to support the marketing of available space.
- Developing concepts and copy and work in-house with Marketing Manager or with an outside designer as required to facilitate the design, preparation, production and distribution of all marketing collateral including leasing flyers, high-end brochures, invitations, prospective tenant marketing books, retail marketing pieces, holiday card and other pieces as needed.
- Execution of advertising strategy, coordinating the timely production and placement of property advertisements
- Coordination and facilitation of the research and buying of all corporate promotional and gift items.
- Development of effective Internet marketing strategies and social media campaigns.
- Development of an in depth understanding of Brookfield’s peers, their products and marketing/advertising strategies. Track competitive marketing activity, conduct research on customer needs, and evolve Brookfield’s programs to be competitive in the market.
- As required, provide marketing support as directed, including industry research, preparation of materials including proposals and Powerpoint presentations, and special events support.
- Maintain inventory for all printed marketing materials.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in commercial or property management and/or marketing field.
- Bachelor's degree in related major or business and/or marketing beneficial.
- RPA is beneficial but not required.
- Strong organizational, writing and accounting skills are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Angus, Yardi and Propidex.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines and motivated to succeed in a team environment.
- Customer Service background is a must.
- Experience in event planning and/or marketing beneficial.
PPG Facilities & Property Manager- Allison Park, PA
- Summary:The Facilities and Property Manager will lead and manage a team pertaining to the maintenance, repair, and project/equipment initiatives for the PPG sites in the Pittsburgh, PA area. The purpose is to support all ongoing facilities management requirements on a pro-active and reactive basis while remaining compliant with all regulatory agencies and standards. Additionally, as a strong and formidable leader, the Manager will be responsible for developing strategic plans and associated talent to support PPG’s locations and properties.
- Job Duties:
- Provide leadership and oversight to the facilities management function, including the oversite of a large team of professionals and maintenance employees across multiple locations.
- Proactively collaborate with and present information to safety and management personnel to ensure the facilities and maintenance objectives of the organization are being met. Understands the concepts of LEAN,andmanages the 6S program and implements industry best practices across all the sites.
- Provide high level estimates and project plans for group consolidations, more efficient use of space, building additions and new construction.
- Monitor the performance, maintenance and upgrade of key assets and equipment required in the safe and efficient operation of PPG facilities.
- Manage all vendor relations including the job bid process, to ensure work is completed in a timely cost effective manner.
- Oversee and direct capital projects including the management of budget, vendors, and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the energy savings programs including Utility Act 129 rebates, Variable Frequency Drive Installation, LED Lighting Upgrades, and HVAC upgrades.
- Support the consolidation and coordination of lab space to support the global lab footprint project within S&T facilities.
- Develop, and hire, the associated talent to support the function; builds a sustainable talent pool for all facilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil etc.)
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in the field of facilities and property management.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven, effective supervisory experience, preferably across multiple sites.
- Provide effective leadership and oversight to the facilities and property management function.
- Strong professional acumen with the ability to work with and influence all levels of an organization are required.
- 5 years minimum of Project Engineering experience
- Be available outside normal work hours, as an on-call basis.
- Date posted: 7/24/19
- Additional details & link to the job: https://ppg.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/facilities-property-manager-3224
- To learn more or apply please email email@example.com