Pittsburgh Area Career Opportunities
M&J Wilkow- Building Engineer
- M&J Wilkow 20 Stanwix Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Date posted: 11/22/2021
- You can apply on Indeed here.
- Plumbing, Refrigeration, Electrical & HVAC: 2 years (Required)
- Mechanical knowledge: 2 years (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
M&J WILKOW, LTD Job Description
Job Title: Building Engineer Reports To: Chief Engineer
COMPANY PROFILE: M & J Wilkow, Ltd. has been in the commercial real estate business for more than 75 years. Its property management portfolio currently consists of retail and office properties comprised of approximately 8,300,000 square feet. A core conviction of the Company’s Principals is the belief that each employee is responsible for making an important contribution to the success of the Company, as well as the performance of the properties in its portfolio.This expectation is not limited by the specific parameters of the job description. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her help wherever and whenever reasonably necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors. This summary is not intended to be all-inclusive; it is simply meant to be used as a guide and may be revised from time to time at the sole discretion of the Company.
SUMMARY The position of Building Engineer plays a key role in the functionality of the building. The Building Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer and works together with the Chief Engineer to maintain the facility and execute the operations and maintenance services program for the building. It is essential that the Building Engineer express a professional, courteous attitude, as well as be team oriented. Attendance and dedication are considered key elements of this position. The following Job Description Summary is intended to highlight many of the position’s responsibilities. This summary is not intended to be all inclusive; it is simply meant to be used as a guide and may be revised from time to time at the sole discretion of M & J Wilkow, Ltd.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the coordination of tenant construction and all capital building projects – assist in the review and approval of tenant space plans/construction and MEP drawings, etc.
- Maintain all responsibility within the department at the quality standards set by M & J Wilkow, Ltd.
- Assure safe, efficient, and proper operation and maintenance of all HVAC, plumbing, electric, life safety and related equipment in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and all installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC.
- Uses online work order system on phone and desktop computer for tenant service requests, building requests, and preventative maintenance.
- Bid major and minor building projects, routine maintenance, etc. to multiple bidders and prepare bid summary for review by Chief Engineer or General Manager.
- Develop a rapport with all tenants to increase their confidence in the engineering staff to serve their needs.
Maintain good tenant relations through prompt, courteous response, and resolution to requests and problems.
- Respond to all building emergency situations 24/7. Keep up to date emergency numbers of all necessary initial responders, including the operations and procedural manual for mechanically related emergencies and required response for that equipment.
- Report any major problems or accidents at the property to Chief Engineer or General Manager.
- Coordinate site visits with vendors, city officials, etc.
- Respond to tenant requests such as moving furniture, setting up conference rooms, small repairs such as blinds, hang shelves, assisting the tenant/owner with other requests associated with the common areas, and answer tenant related questions.
- Vacant Spaces – Replace ceiling tiles, remove old cables in ceiling, paint.
- Replace burned out bulbs and ballasts in the common areas, retrofit lighting.
- Inspect roofs for deficiencies and roof leaks. Clean roof drains as needed.
- Paint miscellaneous parts of the buildings as needed.
- Maintain temperature levels within common areas and shut off exterior plumbing to prevent frozen pipes, etc.
- Meet with contractors for inspections related to common area services.
- Replace common area signage as needed i.e. ADA, no parking etc.
- Patch small potholes tripping hazards in parking area and around exterior as needed.
- Adjust timers as need for walkway lights, canopy lights and parking lot lights when time/season changes.
- Work with contracted security and janitorial staff to report incidents to management and/or local authorities.
- Strictly adhere to the required security procedures.
- Other related duties and assignments as required.
- Complete maintenance reports as requested.
- Ability to work Saturdays as business needs dictate and provide “ON Call” service as scheduled.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two years experience with a background in plumbing, refrigeration, electrical and HVAC maintenance, repair and building operations. Must have a minimum of a class 3 NIUPLE Engineers license and a class A City of Pittsburgh Power or Stationary Engineer license.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic computing skills including the ability to work with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Assist the Chief Engineer in preparing and submitting an annual budget as it pertains to the Engineering
Department, including all mechanical service contracts, general mechanical operating expenses, extraordinary mechanical, electrical, or plumbing repairs.
- Assist the Chief Engineer in making necessary purchases within the approved budget and maintain supplies of tools and stock items.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT Standing, walking, climbing ladders and lifting up to 75 lbs is essential to complete the physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that will be met by an employee while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
M & J Wilkow has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Plumbing, Refrigeration, Electrical & HVAC: 2 years (Required)
- Mechanical knowledge: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Highwoods Properties- Senior Project Manager
- Highwoods Properties, Pittsburgh, PA
- Date posted: 11/18/2021
- You can see the full job posting and or apply on their website.
Senior Project Manager
Job Description Summary
The Senior Project Manager will assist with the overall management of capital building improvement and customer space improvement projects. Primary responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all areas of project management including: project planning (scope of work,) working with consultants (architects, engineers), cost formulation, bidding projects (RFP’s,) vendor selection, corporate project approval, budgeting, cost containment, quality control, purchase orders and/or contract administration, vendor management, and safety management. Senior Project Manager will ensure the completion of all projects on time and within budget while maintaining the prescribed level of quality and minimizing Highwoods’ exposure to construction risk. The team member shall ensure all work is completed in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, while ensuring the safety practices are consistent with company standards, commitments, and goals.
The Senior Project Manager will assist the Highwoods team and engineering staff to improve, renovate, replace and repair existing properties and equipment by leading the planning and implementation of various building improvement projects. Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Define the project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans, drawings, and assemble and coordinate project staff
- Oversight of customer projects including facilitating plan reviews and providing Landlord approvals
- Develop and issue RFP’s, manage the bid process, and award (justify selection and send out notifications)
- Ensure safety and code compliances are in place (OSHA, NFP, CDC, City Building Codes, etc.)
- Manage project budget and project resource allocation
- Process vendor contracts or purchase orders
- Plan and schedule project timelines (Gantt charts) to complete on time
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools (Gantt charts, job cost worksheets)
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs (CO’s)
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders (update meetings or emails)
- Forecast all future building improvement needs and cost data
- Prepare intra-company forms and related paperwork to secure initial project approval (request job numbers, corporate project approval and change orders)
- Work with Management and Accounting/Accounts Payable on the processing of vendor invoices, percentage completion and closing of projects
- At all times promoting quality control through site visits, project meetings, official inspection, and conducting final punch-lists
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for customer improvement projects (landlord turnkey, customer buildouts, lease-related building improvements) from the start until an Acceptance of Premise letter has been signed by the Customer. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain a list of suitable subcontractors for each of the types of projects that we perform: first-generation space, (general contractors, electricians, plumbers, fire protection, security systems, HVAC, paint, and carpet) and second-generation space. Subcontractors must have and maintain insurance that meets the prescribed Highwoods Insurance Requirements (COI).
- Maintain a data base of pricing for customer improvements projects
- Coordinate the customer improvement process with interior designers, space planners, engineers, Leasing Representatives, and customers
- Prepare a description of scope and a job cost estimate for each project to be provided to the Leasing Representative for use in securing a lease
- Prepare contracts for jobs as received for execution by Divisional VP
- Maintain a log of ongoing projects on the prescribed form
- Process change orders as may be required. Change order work can proceed only after proper approval by Customers or Management.
High level of administrative/organizational skills to manage multiple projects concurrently and troubleshoot problems by identifying cause and rectifying with appropriate action plan using sound judgment and professional skills to achieve workable solutions. Must be task and detail oriented with good follow through skills. Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills are required. A thorough knowledge of legal issues, building codes, and safety standards is essential. Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, with good decision-making skills. Advanced interpersonal skills to deal effectively with individuals at all levels of the Company as well as customers and their in-house staff and outside architects, engineers, and construction contractors. Experience with AutoCAD and thorough understanding of calculating ANSI/BOMA Standard for the measurement of commercial office and retail space preferred.
A minimum 10 years’ experience in the construction/architectural industry managing commercial building improvement projects is required. Demonstrated record of providing excellent internal and external customer service. Excellent project management skills and strong management experience working with general contractors, architects, engineers, and customers is necessary. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
This job operates in a professional office environment, as well as throughout a variety of properties. The employee will be exposed to construction sites and various weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, sit, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally need to climb, balance, bend, stoop, and crouch. The employee may occasionally lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds. Ability to read, understand, and to communicate information and ideas clearly in writing and orally required.
The Rubinoff Company- Property Manager
- The Rubinoff Company, Pittsburgh, PA
- Updated: 11/18/2021
- Submit confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE ARE
The Rubinoff Company is a full-service real estate firm with a long history in Pittsburgh. Family run for over 40 years; our property management business grew out of the need to service our own real estate developments. As our reputation for high-quality development grew, so did our portfolio of managed properties. While Rubinoff’s experience includes high-rise office buildings, suburban office suites, warehouse and industrial space, we have distinguished ourselves in residential management, specializing in high-end condominium and single-family communities. Our team of management professionals with years of collective experience in property management, understand the art of balancing economically efficient operations with quality, comfort and value. We offer custom designed management plans to each client, tailored to the specific needs of each property.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
At The Rubinoff Company we work together to provide the highest level of service to each of our clients. You will be a member of our team of real estate professionals which includes property managers, accountants, maintenance technicians, and administrators. Our success as a company is attributable to the commitment of our team, who tend to be long term Rubinoff Company employees.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, encourage continuing education and professional development, and a team of employees to both assist you in getting started and to support you long term.
The Rubinoff Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
- On-site property manager will oversee community management and building operations at a
high-end residential community in the Pittsburgh area.
- Responsible for all aspects of building management including building operations, community
interface, financial oversight, vendor contracting, budget preparation and client management.
- Opportunity to engage with homeowners daily and affect quality of life by providing impeccable
and responsive service.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in property management
- Experience working in community management or high-rise residential or commercial buildings
- Pennsylvania Real Estate License
- Solid interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Eagerness to work with an outstanding, focused team of professionals
- Available on an as-needed basis to respond to emergencies
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required
JOIN THE RUBINOFF COMPANY TEAM!
Please send your indication of your interest, including a resume to email@example.com
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Date Posted: 11/17/2021
- You can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMPANY: Our client is a full-service, privately held developer, owner and operator of grocery-anchored retail real estate. As one of the leading retail developers in the U.S., they are highly focused on the ever-evolving, necessity-based marketplace, prioritizing properties that are an integral part of everyday life, anchored by the stability of grocery and enhanced by a strong tenant mix. Our client is fluent in all aspects of retail real estate, including acquisitions, development, leasing, and property management. They have successfully developed grocery-anchored shopping centers, neighborhood shopping centers and regional shopping centers ranging in size from 100,000 SF to over 1,200,000 SF.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the property, while maintaining superior tenant relations to meet our clients best-in-class standards. The role will involve the management of anywhere from five to eight properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Models the client’s core values and exhibits exemplary leadership.
- Establish and maintain superior relationships with tenants in accordance with clients “best in class” standards.
- Prepare and monitor service contracts with vendors and sub-contractors for assigned properties consistent with business plan.
- Budget and manage operating expenses for assigned properties.
- Prepare quarterly variance reporting and financial performance of the property.
- Establish scope of work, acquire bids, assign, and monitor all non-recurring maintenance and repair in accordance with CAM budgeted expenses.
- Code and approve all CAM and CAPX invoices for proper processing and accounting allocation.
- Exercises independent decision making within ascribed authorities.
- Facilitate the delivery of leased space to tenants in collaboration with the Tenant Coordination Department, assuring that all lease obligations are met.
- Maintain and/or improve cleanliness, “curb-appeal”, and routine maintenance at assigned properties.
- Update all relevant parties of any changes in tenant status.
- Understands allocation of expenses to the tenants per the terms of their specific lease and how it will impact CAM.
- Identify, implement, generate and monitor “additional, incremental revenue opportunities: at assigned properties.
- Conducts thorough building structure, parking lot and roof inspections monthly while meeting all life, safety and legal requirements.
- Working knowledge of all applicable codes and regulations.
- Performance of these duties will require the property manager to interact daily with all the other departments at company.
- High School diploma or GED required. Four-year college degree in Business or Finance preferred. Minimum of 5 -7 years commercial real estate property management experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be analytical and detail oriented.
- Budgeting and basic accounting knowledge required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of MRI accounting software preferred.
- Priority setting, decisiveness, organization, and time-management skills.
- Confidence and energy.
- Self-directed with superior interpersonal skills. Experience managing direct reports required.
Industrial Commercial Elevator– Accountant
- Cecil, PA
- Date Posted: 08/13/2021
- You can access the full posting and apply here.
- You can also send applications to email@example.com
The ideal candidate will be well organized and comfortable dealing with financial data. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable, processing payroll and conducting other tasks related to finance. They should be excellent at recording data and have an ability to produce clear financial reports.
- Track expenses, budget, taxes, cash flow, receipts and other financial dealings of company
- Provide regular financial reports (weekly, monthly and yearly)
- Monitor accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely processing of payroll (Paychex)
- Full Cycle Bookkeeping
- Will be reporting directly to CEO
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Preferred)
- Budgeting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
E.V. Bishoff Company- Superintendent
- E.V. Bishoff Company, 355 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh, PA
- Date posted: 04/09/2021
- You can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description Summary
E.V. Bishoff Company is one of the Midwest's most innovative Owner-Operator commercial real estate companies
Summary: The Superintendent will oversee and direct all projects to completion in Pittsburgh.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage projects and workers by continuously circulating through each.
- Schedule all projects utilizing both employees and sub-contractor network to meet deadlines.
- Manage and expand Sub Contractor network
- Provide constant and steady communication to all workers and sub-contractors involved in project.
- Identify problems before they escalate and take appropriate action.
- Problem solve
- Adapt to changes in original plans or schedules and be able to identify alternate sub-contractors when needed.
- Aptitude for competent on site decision making.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete projects.